Friday, February 4, 2011

Starting Over and A Little Housekeeping

So I've had the night to think it over, and while I really liked Sarah's idea of starting on page 237, I found 2 issues with this that go beyond comprehension.

First, 4 other people are reading this with me, and so for us to have any sort of meaningful conversation, we need to be (literally) on the same page.

And second, even though the book may be (in)comprehensible when starting at any point, there is an authorial intent in starting from the beginning.

These considerations seem strong enough for me to start at page 1, so that's what I'll be doing today. Don't worry, 237, I'll see you again!

Also, I have changed the settings to allow posting a comment without signing in and without moderation, so it should be much easier to comment now, and I hope you'll take full advantage of that!

And finally, if you want to follow the blog, there are several ways to do this. If you have a regular Google account, you can follow by joining over on the right side of the blog. Or you can subscribe through Google Reader, if that's your thing (very easy that way), or you can just check back to the page from time to time. Let me know if you want help with any of this.

All right. Here we go again!

1 comment:

David Colon said...

As I said to you in class, I like the idea of a random start, but there has to be SOME degree of authorial intent that you would miss.